With the high cost of living on the rise and people resorting to cost-cutting measures and living on a budget, the idea of a discount on anything is highly welcome. We are always looking for discounts, promotional coupon codes, and whatnot, in order to save some cash. If things are somewhat tough on the working class who earn a salary, how hard can it be for students? Your guess is as good as mine.
There is a popular adage that all work and no play make Jack a dull boy. For most students, their favorite way of unwinding is not kicking a ball in the field or running a number of miles. They like to catch up with their favorite shows on various video streaming platforms such as HBO.
Whether we admit it or not, streaming services have become an essential part of our daily entertainment. With the ever-rising demand for streaming services, various video streaming companies have been trying to offer discounts to students and HBO is no exception.
HBO is one of the popular streaming service providers offering people and students alike a wide range of content including movies, TV shows, and original series.
Of course, one of the frequently asked questions is: Is there a student discount for HBO Max? If this, among other questions, has been pricking your conscience, you’ve come to the right place.
We are going to be shedding light on whether HBO Max has a student discount, How to go about getting it as well as how much it costs.
Be the first to know! Student Debt.
Does HBO Max Have A Student Discount?
If you are just joining college or University and your favorite pastime activity is watching TV shows, movies, and original series, you definitely want to know whether your favorite video streaming service provider HBO offers a student discount on HBO Max. Well, HBO Max does have a student discount of $5 off the regular HBO Max monthly subscription of $14.99.
With such a discount, students from accredited institutions of higher learning pay an affordable monthly subscription of $9.99. However, for you to enjoy this amazing student discount, you must be enrolled in an accredited and recognized college or university and have an eligible college email address that ends in @edu. It is imperative to note that the student discount is eligible so long as you are a student at your college or campus usually for a period of 4 years.
How to Get HBO Max Student Discount
Now that you know that by virtue of being a student in an accredited institution of higher learning you can enjoy HBO Max at a relatively cheaper price, you are definitely wondering how you can get that discount. Well, you need to be enrolled as a student with a valid college or campus email address. Now that you are eligible, you need to go through the following steps to get a student discount for HBO Max.
1. Visit the HBO Max website and click on the “Get HBO Max “button.
2. Under the student tab, select the “Get the discount” option when prompted to choose a subscription plan.
3. Verify your student status by providing proof of your enrollment at the college or campus such as your student ID, or your university or college. Once you’ve verified your student status, you will receive an email from SheerID with a link to complete the verification process.
4. Complete the sign-up process by clicking on the link and start enjoying the HBO Max at a discounted rate of $9.99 instead of the regular $14.99 that others on the HBO Max subscription pay.
Good to know: Student Universe Platform.
Does HBO Max Offer A Student Discount?
As earlier mentioned, students who are enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning are able to get a discount of $5 monthly on their HBO max subscription fee. With this discount, students can watch their favorite movies, TV shows, and original series without having to pay through the nose.
Is HBO Max Worth The Cost For Students?
This is the ultimate question, right? I mean, if as a student you have to pay a discounted $9.99 HBO max subscription fee, it has to be worth the monthly fee, right? Granted, HBO Max might be slightly more expensive than other video streaming service providers. However, HBO Max has an edge over other streaming services in the sense that they offer a unique selection of content that might appeal to students from all walks of life. For instance, it’s imperative to note that HBO max features a wide range of popular TV shows such as the epic Game of thrones, Friends, the Sopranos not to mention a big library of movies and original content.
Simply put, for students who are into TV shows and would like to access a vast library of movies, HBO max subscription is without a doubt a worthy investment. Consequently, students who don’t have a reliable internet connection can take advantage of the HBO Max downloading feature to watch their favorite movies and shows offline.
How to Make the Most of the HBO Max Subscription as a Student
How can you as a student make the most of the HBO max subscription? That question must have crossed your mind at some point, right? Well, here are a few tips for you to make the most out of your HBO max subscription.
· By all means, take advantage of the student discount. If you are a student, there is absolutely no reason why you should be paying the regular HBO max subscription fee of $14.99 even if you can afford it. Simply sign up for the HBO max subscription using your college or campus email address that ends with @edu and enjoy the $5 student discount.
· Make use of the offline viewing feature especially if for some reason, you don’t have a reliable internet connection or are always on the go. The beautiful thing about HBO max subscription is that it allows you to download content and view it offline later.
· Check out the original content. One of the perks of HBO max subscription is the access to a variety of original content including series like The Flight Attendant, Euphoria to mention a few which might be of great interest to students.
· Take advantage of a free trial. Granted, you might be unsure whether HBO max subscription is really for you or not. If that’s the case, you can take advantage of the 1 month free trial and determine thereafter if it’s worth your investment.
· Watch with friends. You can create up to 5 profiles and watch with friends even if you are in different locations. This is indeed a great way to connect and enjoy favorite TV shows or movies together.
Important to know: Student Housing.
How Much Is HBO Max Student Discount?
When you sign up for the HBO Max subscription as a student, you will enjoy a discount of $5 off the regular monthly subscription fee. You see, other people ordinarily pay a regular HBO max subscription fee of $14.99. However, students get a discount of $5 and pay a slightly affordable fee of $9.99. It’s important to note that this discount only applies to students who are enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning and have verified their student status.
HBO Max Monthly Cost Student Discount
The monthly cost for HBO Max with the student discount is $9.99. This cost is $5 short of the $14.99 that is regular HBO max subscription fee. Students can pay this discounted fee for as long as they are students. They are required to verify their student status before they can start enjoying the $9.99 discounted fee.
College Student Discount HBO Max
The college student discount HBO max is essentially available to students from all walks of life that are enrolled in accredited institutions of higher learning. The whole idea of a college student discount HBO Max is to enable students to enjoy their favorite TV shows, movies, and original content at an affordable fee. Instead of paying the regular HBO Max subscription fee of $14.99, Students pay a discounted fee of $9.99 monthly.
Read here: Target Student Discount.
What Are The Alternatives To HBO Max For Students On A Budget?
While HBO Max is indeed a great subscription plan for students in college, some still find the discounted fee a little on the higher side or beyond their budget. Luckily, there are alternatives to HBO Max for students who are on a budget. Granted, HBO Max offers a unique selection of content. However, there are other streaming services, and as such HBO is not the only streaming service that is available to students. If you are in college or on campus and on a budget, here are alternatives you can consider.
· Netflix: Without a doubt, this is one of the most popular streaming platforms that gives you access to a wide range of original content, movies, and TV shows. Granted, it might not be offering the same content as HBO Max but it sure as hell allows you to enjoy a wide variety of entertaining content at a slightly lower fee.
· Amazon Prime video: It is included as part of the Amazon Prime membership and offers you access to a wide range of TV shows, original content, and movies.
· Hulu: Heard of the Hulu live TV option? While Hulu live TV is available at an additional fee, students who love to keep up with live events will definitely find it interesting. Apart from that, Hulu also offers a wide range of original content, TV shows, and movies.
· Disney +: Students who are great fans of Disney, star wars, or Marvel will without a doubt find Disney+ a great option or alternative to HBO Max. Disney+ offers a wide selection of content from the Disney, Marvel, and star wars franchises as well as original content.
· YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that might be a good alternative to HBO Max for students that want to watch live sports or keep up with live events.
Granted, the above-mentioned alternatives might not offer a unique selection of content as HBO Max but are a great alternative for students on a budget.
What Is The Limit To The Duration That A Student Can Use The HBO Max Student Discount?
Once you verify your student status, there is no limit to how long you can use the HBO max student discount. You will continue enjoying the features and benefits of the HBO max student discount so long as you remain a student.
What Is The Billing Cycle Of The HBO Max Student Discount?
Generally, the HBO max subscription is open to students on a monthly basis. In essence, when you first sign up for the HBO Max student discount, you will enjoy all the features of HBO Max free in the first month. After that, you will be required to part with $9.99 per month to get access to a unique selection of content ranging from movies, TV shows, and original content.
In conclusion, to answer the question “Is there a student discount for HBO max,” the answer is yes provided your higher institution of learning is accredited and approved as a participating college or campus.
Eligible campus and college students can enjoy the service at a discounted rate and get access to their favorite movies, TV shows, and even educational content. In as much as HBO Max might be slightly more expensive than other streaming services, its wide range of unique content is what sets it apart.
You should take advantage of the HBO max student discount as you can create profiles of up to five people, stream simultaneously on a maximum of 3 devices, download and view content offline, and get access to original content.
However, if you are operating on a shoestring budget, there are other alternatives such as Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, Prime amazon video, and YouTube TV that you can consider. If you are unsure of the HBO max student discount, you can always opt for a free trial to determine whether it’s worth your investment.
The bottom line is, the HBO max student discount offers you great benefits that you as a student should take advantage of.
How do I get 40 percent off HBO Max?
To get this 40% off, you need to watch for special promotions on major holidays or in your account.
What’s the cheapest way to get HBO Max?
One of the cheapest accounts is the base account for $9.99 or temporary discount accounts.